This approach is suitable for small-business owners, first-time involved in the process of building their websites. I built many brochure websites for coaches, therapists and medical doctors. A (very) few of them have a good perspective on their business and a lot of expectations for their new website. That’s why, we need a good approach for this type of project, to be sure our work will be profitable and the result will be professional & useful for this stage of business.
- brochure website;
- pages: Home, About, Services, Contact, Blog, 1 Landing page.
- contact form
- At least a logo has to be provided.
I have the 30-minute complimentary discovery session when I understand the client’s needs, I tell my process of work, and we schedule the working timeframe.
I give the client a list of general questions, adapted to their business.
I start the design process, just when all materials are provided:
- the questionnaire answered (at least 80%);
- the logo;
- the images;
Over the years, I found the best 20-25 hs in 2 weeks as the best timeframe for this type of brochure website to gain momentum without pressure. If the project is developed for more than 3 weeks, the momentum is lost, the client became confused, and the project takes too much space in my brain than is profitable.
Here’s how I use the hours:
- 3 hrs for prototype design in Figma – a sketch of the homepage, using the main elements of the website (Logo, Hero, colors, buttons, call-to-action)
- 7 hrs Homepage Desktop, Menu & Footer (Design in browser)
- 6 hrs About, Services, Contact, Blog,
- 1 hrs mobile fixes,
- 2 hrs for client feedback, small revisions, project management
Beginner business owners need help to understand how to put their business info on a website. But also, they need a little pressure to gain all the materials needed. And this timeframe is perfect for them.
Design proposal: I do design in browser based on the logo color palette, and the images and text provided. Designing in browser helps them to understand how the thing works in real life. (Stile tile, Figma Mockup Design are useful tools, when the client has more experience with building website, but at the first experience it doesn’t help so much to understand).
For my own practice & for helping the client to take a decision I prepare just one design version to be sure the solution I choose is the most appropriate for the client’s needs & the design constraints.
Tools I use: Figma, Kadence theme & Blocks / Elementor
This type of project could be a nightmare without boundaries settings. But, on the other side, it gives me many reasons of fulfillment:
- the opportunity to create from scratch to finish in a short amount of time;
- the fulfillment of building a new website from nothing to an amazing design;
- the opportunity to constantly create, in order to improve my design skills;
- the opportunity to help the client to show up online to develop its business.
Here’s a few samples of 2-weeks brochure websites: