I’m writing this article for me, at first, as a useful list. These are easy-to-forget tasks, but very important in the long run. They can be done in the pre-launching stage, but many times there are more important tasks… So, here is the small pre-starting list:
- Disable WordPress automatic updates! It’s not safe in the long term. Security updates are allowed, by default.
- Set the permalinks to Post-name, instead of not-SEO-friendly Plain setting.
- Adjust the time-zone, date and time format accordingly to the local time-zone.
- Delete Hello Dolly plugins and Demo content.
- Remove the unused themes
- Disable comments for the whole website.
- Change the Admin username with a friendly one (nickname).
Taking care of these small tasks at the beginning helps me to focus on the development stage. I’ll come back with the tasks for the pre-launch list.